- 1 quart whole milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 of a medium Cinderella pumpkin (about 3 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup basmati rice
- In a crockpot, pour whole milk. Turn on high.
- As milk begins to steam, add seeded, peeled, cooked and cubed Cinderella pumpkin.
- Add salt, and pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon if you prefer).
- Pour sugar over pumpkin chunks, followed by basmati rice.
- Do not stir.
- Cover and allow to simmer.
- When rice is soft (about 2 hours), use immersion blender to blend.
- Add water if porridge is too thick.
- May add extra sugar as well.
- Serve as is or with butter.